Hi Jeroen,

What's the best mailing list to ask questions about djangorecipe on?
I'm CC'ing django-users in the meantime, let me know if there's a better
list...

I'm just coming to Django myself but I've been a heavy buildout user for
a year or so now...

I'm curious as to why djangorecipe does its own thing with respect to
downloading Django rather than relying on it as an egg?

The reason I ask is that I often have other sections, mainly that just
use zc.recipe.egg, to do certain bits of a project. For Django, I guess
they'll need to use the Django egg, which, of course, will have to be
separately downloaded :-S

I guess another way of solving this would be console_scripts entry
points. If these are specified in setup.py's of eggs specified in either
the projectegg or eggs options, will they be created by djangorecipe?

Also, is it common practice to have two djangorecipe sections, once for
development and one for production, or is it more common to have a
buildout.cfg and dev.cfg, with dev.cfg extending buildout.cfg?

Finally, it's a shame that the projects generated by the project option
are not eggs :-S Is there any reason for this?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk