On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Dhruv Adhia <druf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Allright, I see some progress, so now my views looks like this with that
> little modification
>

> def add_score(request):
>    response_dict ={}
>    if request.POST:
>        name = request.POST['name']
>        score = request.POST['score']
>        hash = request.POST['hash']
>
>        response_dict = {'name': name, 'score': score, 'hash': hash}
>    return render_to_response('add_score.html', response_dict)
>

> From unity I am getting scores and names and I am also posting it onto the
> webserver. The getting part is fine as I could read it from the database.
> But when I post , the server is getting the posted values but it also gives
> 200 69 which is internal server error

200 is not internal server error, it is HTTP OK.  (500 is internal server
error.) 69 is the number of bytes returned in the response.

> here is what I see in terminal
>
> [22/Oct/2009 13:30:36] "GET
> /add_score/name=carbon_chaos&score=100&hash=56ee224509ffd27920e64189cab9a06f
> HTTP/1.1" 200 69
> [22/Oct/2009 13:30:36] "GET /display_score/ HTTP/1.1" 200 187

This shows you are not posting the data, rather you are getting it.  The
request says GET and the parameters you are looking for are almost encoded
into a query string, except it's missing the leading ? which signals the end
of the url path and the beginning of the query string.  How is that request
being generated?  It should be:

/add_score/?name=carbon_chaos&score=100&hash=56ee224509ffd27920e64189cab9a06f

Without the ? the values will not be available in the request.GET
dictionary, as they appear to be part of the URL path.

Karen