First, thanks for the critiques - I'm not surprised there are better ways to
write this as I'm just learning python.

Second, url mapping for me is trivial.  Its a web app, not a web site.  I would
be fairly happy with totally opaque urls ala seaside as long as I didn't have
to think about them.

But url mapping isn't enough of a factor to make me choose pylons.  I chose
django because of the availability of geodjango, olwidigte, the admin, auth
framework, and a number of other goodies.  I don't get those with pylons.

As I've already said, I'm happy with my solution.  If I decide I need something
else, I can change it, later, right?  Development time drops exponentially with
the number of files I have to edit to do a task.

Bouncing over to urls.py every time I write another page view was a significant
time sync (especially since I'm no regex maven - I use them seldom and always
have to look them up and fiddle around with them for quite awhile to get them
right).

So, no, I would not be happier with pylons.  I'm happy here with this
modification, thanks.

-Todd Blanchard