Tim Daniel wrote:

> So how can I implement solution B? Is there a posibility to create a
> cron on a user action that executes only one time?
>
> NOTE: I don't want to rely on a thread that should stay alive for two
> hours ore more inside the server memory.

Well, celery uses a "celeryd" daemon process and a message queue, so
that is a thread staying alive om the server, but it's a completely
separate and manageable process from your web server:

http://ask.github.com/celery/introduction.html

It may look a little complex, but it really makes all sorts of long
running and scheduled tasks easy and well-integrated with django.

FWIW, doing something two hours after some event is basically a one-liner:
http://ask.github.com/celery/userguide/executing.html#eta-and-countdown