David, Celery sounds really good, thanks for the tip, I'll have a
deeper look into it as soon as I've got some time, if I can't get it
up for this project I'll study it's details and put it up later maybe
for a new release or a new project. For what I've seen until now it
seems to be perfect, because you completly control the whole process,
once a job has completed it even returns you a backtrace in case of
failure or a success message. Only the setup/installation looks quite
complex, one question: Is it capable of running on every web server
that supports Python? or are there any other requirements or things to
think about?

John your solution is very smart too, but sometimes it could cause
some overhead, if I do actions while the user is offline or seeing
another section, the user won't notice it, but if you do it inside a
request the user may has to wait a little longer, it depends on the
complexity of the operation you want to do.

Brian & Creecode Django Custom management commands are really the same
as this:

from django.core.management import setup_environ
import settings
setup_environ(settings)

or am I wrong? I'm just running the scripts with these three lines on
top (even before the other import statements).

The apscheduler looks like a good and simple implementation for A,
thanks Guilherme.

And finally Mateus the at(if it's available) command would be a very
easy solution for A too.