There are a few changes to the filter syntax if you want to get
records that a certain user has access to. So lets say Cars are
"namespaced". To get all the cars that are colored blue, you can still
do this.

Cars.objects.filter(color='blue')

But to get all the cars that are color blue that only tim has access
to (based on namespaces he has access to), you do have to add another
method:

tim = User.objects.get(username='tim')

Cars.objects.filter(color='blue').user_can_access(tim)

I'm not sure there's a way around that since otherwise the model has
no way of knowing which namespaces to limit?

I set up a project on Google Code with some code examples. It's very
primitive at this point. And I'm open for more suggestions.

https://code.google.com/p/django-namespace/