I hope that we can all learn somehow from the incident. When i reacted the
way i did, i was picking up subtle undertones of aggression which i thought
were undue. I have since spoke to Bruno and diffused the situation amicably.

I would agree with what Emily says, and the things I take away from it all
are:

- For the more experienced, if at all you will help, do try to be patient
with posters even in your language. This is partly how the helpfulness of
the list may be judged.
- Try to check impulsive reactions, as they may only add to the problem
rather than solving it. (okay, that would be me i guess).

Finally - yes Emily, my multiple posting was unintentional :-)

Regards,
Sithembewena

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Emily Rodgers <
emily.kate.rodg...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 18, 9:25 am, Atamert Ölçgen <mu...@muhuk.com> wrote:
> > Hi Sithembewena,
> >
> > On Thursday 18 February 2010 00:27:10 Sithembewena Lloyd Dube wrote:>
> Emily provided an answer according to what she understood from the OP. No
> > > harm in doing that, at least not worse than no attempt at giving a
> > > solution..
> >
> > > I think that people who have a problem with posts, even vague ones,
> should
> > > stay away from them - let those that would try to help, to do so
> > > unhindered..
> >
> > > We have no interest in your personal coding style: attempt to help, or
> stay
> > > away.
> >
> > Bruno is trying to help in his own way. Let's not be unkind to each other
> like
> > that.
>
> I think he stopped helping when he started using phrases like 'crystal
> ball' and 'wild-guess programming'. They are hostile responses.
>
> The django-users group used to be a friendly place where people could
> ask sometimes daft, sometimes difficult questions and get a useful
> reply (in either case). This has been happening less and less lately.
> People get responses telling them to learn how to post a question, or
> just critising them for not being specific enough about what they want
> to know, and this is just a bit too hostile IMO. If you think someone
> hasn't provided enough information, it is helpful to ask them direct
> questions that they can answer to provide a useful context (without
> making them feel stupid). Often they aren't familiar with django /
> python / web development, and don't really know what is required for a
> useful answer to be given. It is our job to help them, not scare them
> away.
>
> One of the (many) great things about django is the community. Please
> can we be friendly and helpful here instead of answering questions
> with unhelpful responses?
>
> > Also, please use your e-mail app's **draft** feature and send your reply
> when
> > it's **done**.
>
> I suspect that was unintentional :-)
>

> > --