> On Feb 17, 2016, at 2:05 AM, Roland Turner via dmarc-discuss
> <dmarc-discuss@dmarc.org> wrote:
>
> Ben Greenfield wrote:
>
>> I believe the IP and hostname match exactly the ip address and hostname of
>> the working DKIM, SPF. I was assuming that these were the emails that went
>> to list-serves, but on further consideration if they were list-servs that
>> would show the ip and hostname of the list-serv.
>
> DKIM and IP addresses are almost orthogonal, so the sorts of matches that
> you're talking about are not that important. Relevant questions would appear
> to be:
>
> - Which IP addresses are sending messages that are failing DKIM but passing
> SPF[1]?

The ip address and server name are identical to each other come pass DKIM and
some fail with  d=none.
It could be mail that is sent out using postfix only. The messages are missing
the signature process which is in amavisd.

> - Are these IP addresses under your control?
Yes

> - If so, why is DKIM failing?

Signing doesn’t happen because the mail is sent directly by postfix.

> - If not, why are they listed in your SPF record?

Yes.

Thanks for your help. Do you think that is correct. Should I look into either
sending getting the message to amavisd before sending or add signing to postfix.

Thanks,

Ben

> - Roland
>
> 1: I assume that we're talking about SPF for your own domains, rather than
> for a forwarder’s?

I keep insisting that I have no forwarders but I realize I should clarify I
have a single mail server in a single location. I do plan on adding a second
location but I want to square this basic install before I try that.