> On Nov 14, 2016, at 9:49 AM, Petr Novák via dmarc-discuss
> <dmarc-discuss@dmarc.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I saw that FortiNet's FortiMail is listed as a product that has a DMARC
> support here: "https://dmarc.org/resources/products-and-services/"; .
>
> I wonder what do you guys think about it's DMARC implementation. If you
> enable DMARC check in FortiMail it rejects(or performs other configured
> action) any mail that fails DMARC check no matter what policy source domain
> has configured. So it also rejects mails from domains that have policy
> p=none. After contacting their support I was told that this implementation is
> by desing and they dont have any plans to change it.
>
> In DMARC RFC there is:
> "To enable Domain Owners to receive DMARC feedback without impacting existing
> mail processing, discovered policies of "p=none" SHOULD NOT modify existing
> mail disposition processing."
>
> So I guess it doesn't break RFC if there is "SHOULD NOT" and not "MUST NOT"?
> But I still think this implementation of DMARC is wrong. What do you guys
> think?

Speaking only as an enterprise trying to use DMARC, FortiMail’s implementation
as described above is wrong and serves only to discourage others from
implementing a DMARC policy.  p=none is vital.

That said, I would have no objection to fortimail customers having the option
to treat p=none as p=quarantine or p=reject -> that’s completely up to them.
But by default no thank you!