On November 14, 2016 2:42:42 PM EST, Terry Zink via dmarc-discuss
<dmarc-discuss@dmarc.org> wrote:
>> Well, DMARC addresses one particular vector - we still need to find
>more effective ways
>> to address cousin domains, display name abuse, etc.
>
>I didn't mean cousin domains, I mean domains that are not the same but
>have a relationship (e.g., one is a vendor of the other). They both
>have weak authentication records (no DMARC, or DMARC + p=none), and
>then one of them gets spoofed.
>
>So yes, the fix is to publish a stronger DMARC policy, but lots of
>domains who publish DMARC have a weak policy. It's hard to get to
>p=reject/quarantine if you are not a big company and are doing it
>yourself.

It's also essentially impossible if you make non-trivial use of mailing lists.
Even though I've has SPF -all records for over a decade and encourage people to
reject mail purporting to be from my domains that fail SPF, I am no where near
being able to do so for DMARC because of mailing lists.

p= none is not just because people don't care.

Scott K