On 01/27/2017 04:23 AM, Jim Popovitch via dmarc-discuss wrote:

> I can appreciate that folks do that, and that's awesome.   For me and
> my systems that just seems like unnecessary overkill.

Ultimately that's a decision each domain owner/operator has to make for
themselves.

But I would hope that, like you, they've first gone through deployment
of DKIM and SPF and checked the DMARC reporting to see what's going on.
And even if they don't see many fraudulent messages and/or aren't overly
concerned about it, I would recommend setting something up to monitor
the reports and summarize or set an alert driven by changes/increases in
authentication failures. This way if something goes wrong in a legit
sending setup (ESP, etc), or if a bad actor does start abusing their
domain, they'll find out about it in short order.

--Steve.