On Fri, Jan 27, 2017, at 04:23, Jim Popovitch via dmarc-discuss wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 11:13 PM, John Levine via dmarc-discuss
> <dmarc-discuss@dmarc.org> wrote:
> > I concur with Roland.  Looking at my failure reports, I see some from
> > Hotmail and Linkedin and beyond that a few from Chinese and Russian
> > ISPs generally reporting random spam that happened to randomly fake my
> > domain.
>
> But what can you do about it?  What is the "value" of having that
> information, and what is the "cost" of capturing it?

To me, the value of these reports is pre-deployment, by carefully
reviewing the reports you can identify any legitimate sources of mail
which are not properly signed and aligned.

As a company that currently has no employees beyond myself and only a
few hundred clients, I was able to find a couple legitimate sources of
mail coming from my own domain that had been previously overlooked.