On Fri, 2018-07-20 at 08:34 -0400, Jerry Warner via dmarc-discuss wrote:

> Thank you for catching that error in the SPF.  I've now fixed that
> however I don't think that was the problem as that's not the IP address
> the message was sent from.

It would be useful to know that IP, the envelope header and the from
address.

What do the logs from your email server say about that email?

> I see a permerror under the record/auth_results/spf/result  but I don't
> know what that means.  This is also the only place it shows as a fail.

As already pointed out by Todd, that PERMERROR could be related to the
(previous) syntax error in your SPF record. How broken SPF records are
evaluated is non-standard.

Ken.