On Monday, April 21, 2014 9:01 PM, "dmarc-requ...@ietf.org"
<dmarc-requ...@ietf.org> wrote:

>> That doesn't seem to me like a shocking level of trust.
> Yes indeed, but then, the recent breaches shows too much trust
> has been sprinkled all around. Many ESP will provide you with
> dedicated IPs for your sends, this allows you to control your
> deliverability, the email security, etc... They come at a price,
> but you have what you pay for.

should i read this as: if u want DMARC 3rd party support, please
pay?

maybe we should then just forget about making DMARC an
open standard, instead just paying for proprietary solutions
in the same area. that's about much better security overall.

faulty thinking, if u ask me.

i have no problem with making a standard as flexible as possible
and let the domain owners' decide what and how much security they
like. introducing authorised alignment doesn't essentially break
DMARC. it just makes it more natural to email today and also
adds support for things we, obviously, need and use.

--
Vlatko Salaj aka goodone
http://goodone.tk