----- Original Message -----

Yes indeed, but then, the recent breaches shows too much trust has been
sprinkled all around. Many ESP will provide you with dedicated IPs for your
sends, this allows you to control your deliverability, the email security,
etc... They come at a price, but you have what you pay for.

> > https://dmarcian.com/spf-survey/google.com 212,996 authorized individual
> > IPv4 addresses
> > https://dmarcian.com/spf-survey/salesforce.com 228,934 authorized
> > individual IPv4 addresses
> >
> > I prefer that 3rd parties relay our mail mail through our servers.
>
> That is eminently reasonable, considering that your organization sends
> email as part of its core business, and is well prepared to take on
> that responsibility. Obviously, there are a lot of organizations out
> there who are not in that position.
>
> So I think the question is, does adding an "aligned domains list"
> feature encourage policies that are inherently unsafe? I would argue
> that authorizing a service provider to send for you on all of their
> IPs is not substantially different from authorizing them on one IP.
> Once you've authorized someone to send mail on your behalf at all, you
> are essentially trusting them to do it safely.

I wish this would be that simple, more often than not, you are pushed into an
agreement and can only negotiate mitigating factors as to lower the risk.