J. Gomez writes:

 > Users won't care about the politics of the email system, but about
 > relevant and wanted email landing on their inbox -- hopefully in an
 > easily readable manner.

If you have users like that, configure your lists accordingly.  The
options are available (in GNU Mailman, at least).

 > That proposal is fine from a technical point of view - it solves
 > the problem and is interoperable. However, that proposal is not
 > perfect from a usability point of view - how well will an attached
 > message/rf822 part be legible when the final recipient is using
 > webmail,

Works fine in GMail and SquirrelMail, IIRC (another developer did the
testing).

 > is that proposal convoluted for the final Recipient's comfort?

No.  The proposal is intended to ensure delivery of messages posted
from an ESP whose DMARC policy is in conflict with mailing list
policy, with the message as posted by the author and modified by the
mailing list, and comfortably readable in any MUA conforming to RFC
1341 (published in June 1992).  A more pleasant reading experience is
available in MUAs conforming to RFC 1806 (June 1995).

If the list operator knows that she has users with MUAs that don't
conform to 20-year-old standards, she can change the options easily at
any time.

 > I guess that once the interoperability issue is agreed to be
 > important, now the ergonomics of the proposed solution should get
 > the focus. And that proposal is not very ergonomical, in my humble
 > opinion.

So tell the MUA developers about it.  It takes a moderate amount of
code to DTRT with nested MIME parts and Content-Disposition: inline,
but it's not rocket science, not compared with supporting text/html.