Murray S. Kucherawy writes:

 > I agree, mostly.  I wasn't advocating for cracking open the entire
 > specification.  Assuming we go this path (rather than bolting down
 > DKIM-Delegate's problems somehow),

Once you put the token signature in the DKIM-Delegate field itself (a
process we already do for DKIM-Signature, which implicitly MUST sign
itself), I don't see any problems that don't apply equally to this
proposal.

Except lack of generality, if you consider that a problem.  John's
proposal is more general, but generality is a two-edged sword.

This particular generality worries me.  As I understand it, conditions
become a registry matter, not an RFC matter.  I fear the proliferation
of conditions that nobody will implement, or worse similar conditions
with slightly different semantics that somebody prefers to existing
registered conditions.

So I'm firmly in favor of a new specialized header field.  I realize
that means support in verifiers will probably need to be maintained
for decades, but I'd rather seen the need for generality before
opening Pandora's Box.