This particular generality worries me.  As I understand it, conditions
become a registry matter, not an RFC matter.  I fear the proliferation
of conditions that nobody will implement, or worse similar conditions
with slightly different semantics that somebody prefers to existing
registered conditions.

That doesn't strike me as a problem. We have lots of protocols with registries full of little used or unused optional extensions. SMTP is a good example, and it interoperates pretty well.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY