I’m not sure what the relevance of this particular debate is, but in hopes of
moving us forward, I offer another data point.

Please remember that you can deploy DMARC and get exactly the desired result
from your DMARC deployment, without deploying any DKIM infrastructure.
Example: you can push a p=reject on a domain that never sends mail.  You can
push any p= value for a domain that is only “protected” by SPF records, even
one that is in use, and get exactly the desired result.  DKIM is of course
required to achieve the desired result for most mail flows, but DKIM it is not
in any way required for all successful deployments of DMARC.

Given that fact, perhaps we can stop debating whether or not DMARC is a DKIM
Policy Framework.  But what was the point of that debate in the first place?
If we all agreed that DMARC was a DKIM Policy Framework, what outcome would
that have brought us closer to?  I suspect there was a purpose for that
argument that might still be relevant to our work even though the argument
doesn’t seem to be supported, but I’m not seeing it yet.

-Brett