Brett, my main point is that, if you, of all people, don't understand the problem, then we seriously are having a basic understanding of the long time conflict and its resolutions.

You (speaking in general) either support a policy concept or you don't. Thats been the dilemma all these years.

But you do understand policy, because you pointed out the idea that you don't need DKIM per se to use DMARC, i.e. you have a restrictive policy to handle legacy abused operations (where mail is not signed or there is no mail operation for a domain). These are not new ideas. They are 10 years old DKIM POLICY concepts.

However, I find it hard to understand how the advocates of DMARC are not pushing for 3rd party solutions. Thats the odd thing about it.

My apology to you if you felt offended by my comments. It wasn't intended. If the new DMARC advocates and DKIM Policy Marketing was as strong during SSP/ADSP, the original proof of concept with DKIM, we probably would of solved this problem long ago and MLM/MLS systems, including our own MLS product, would be better off without the radical rewriting hacks suggestions.

--
HLS