Scott Kitterman writes:

 > 8 bit to 7 bit transformations are also not rare.

In the header?  I guess with RFC 6532 that could happen frequently
(but those folks are likely to be in trouble with DKIM anyway for the
foreseeable future).

 > > Really, isn't the question whether Yahoo! and AOL are willing to do
 > > *anything* to mitigate?  We need some participation from them or it's
 > > useless, and if at least one does participate, it's a win.  What are
 > > they willing to think about implementing?
 >
 > Depends on who needs to change to mitigate things.

To implement any of the "weak signature" variants (see subject), the
>From domain has to be involved as sender.  That's why I'm asking.

 > If (as an example only) we decide that From rewriting is the best
 > (least bad) solution,

That's not what this thread is about, and it obviously doesn't need
participation from them.