On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 7:56 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull <step...@xemacs.org>
wrote:

>  > If I misunderstood the proposal and it requires someone to be
>  > keeping a list of mailing lists used (either globally or by
>  > individual users), then I think this is not a good idea at all.  I
>  > don't think any tracking/whitelisting design is going to succeed at
>  > scale.
>
> I can't speak for Murray, but I can't see that his proposal does.

Sorry, I've lost context.  I assume you're talking about dkim-list-canon.

You could apply it only when you know the mail is going to a list, maybe if
you're worried about overall header size or crypto cost, but it's designed
to be used generally.  Since it's a signature that covers the whole
message, it's not replayable (any more than basic DKIM is).

Really, isn't the question whether Yahoo! and AOL are willing to do
> *anything* to mitigate?  We need some participation from them or it's
> useless, and if at least one does participate, it's a win.  What are
> they willing to think about implementing?

At least one of them is subscribed, but I've no idea if they're actively
monitoring.  At the same time, I think the feedback we're getting from MS
and Google is equally valuable, and they're active.

-MSK