Scott Kitterman writes:

 > TPA requires cooperation from originators and receivers, so there's
 > no "new" issue.  Any make a list approach that needs both
 > originators and receivers to participate needs to work for both
 > large/small originators/receivers and I don't think this does.

"Sez you", but I don't see a rationale for "not work" that actually
addresses the intended use case.

In fact, what's required for making a list is Mediators (mailing
lists) that use the List-Post field.  A very large proportion of those
that allow open (or subscriber) posting do provide that already, and
at least for Mailman lists it's trivial to turn them on.  So only the
Author Domain (and perhaps its users) need participate to make the
list.

To use the list, the Author Domain needs to produce "delegation
signatures", and recipients need to process those signatures.
Implementation is hardly high cost.  Large domains can generally
afford the cost of revising their custom MTAs.  Many small domains
will be using Exim, Sendmail, or Postfix, and the latter two implement
the milter protocol so a software upgrade isn't necessary, and Exim
can be configured to call out to another program, too, so it might
need a separate implementation, but it would be do-able without
upgrading the MTA.  A gradual rollout therefore is quite feasible.