On 5/19/15 4:47 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On May 19, 2015 2:05:18 AM EDT, "Murray S. Kucherawy" <superu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 10:56 PM, Terry Zink
>> <tz...@exchange.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>  Thanks, this is useful.
>>>
>>> What would the Authentication-Results header look like? Presumably 3
>>> results for DKIM (dkim=fail, dkim=pass, dkim=pass)? And what about
>> DMARC?
>>> Show one result or two? Or maybe something like
>> dmarc=conditionalpass?
>> Three DKIM results, one DMARC "pass" result.  The idea is that DKIM
>> returns
>> a "pass" for an aligned conditional signature, which satisfies the DKIM
>> algorithm, so long as there's also a passing signature from the "cd"
>> domain.
>>
>> Is there any use in making a distinction to your acceptance/routing of
>> messages to know it was based on a conditional signature versus an
>> original
>> author signature?
> I would think you'd have to. There's a replay risk that's unique to this type
> of signature, so I think treating them the same would be a naive approach.

Agreed.

These messages are likely be distributed to many subscribers
where each message must contain two linked signatures, the
siglet authorizing some third-party domain and a full
signature of the third-party domain..   A reasonable expiry
is required or delivery becomes unreliable.  What will be
considered a reasonable delivery window?  It seems most MTAs
will retry over a period of several days.

Email should not be treated like IM unless considering a
gateway to a federated IM system.  The IM-From header could
introduce both an alternative From header field andl act at
the IM gateway.  The mail transport would ignore this pseudo
sub-domain which could also assist in tracking abusive
sources.  In which case these addresses often indicate the
current instance of a on-network client denoted as a pseudo
sub-domain of the email-address.

Regards,
Douglas Otis