How can you see lower cost for  hotmail.com, aol.com and yahoo.com and such
domains to begin to weaken their signed mail streams with v2 signature resigner
authorization signatures?   That pesky registration problem again.   What if
the resigner domain decides to change its resigner domain?    How that's the
feedback get back to the originating domain?

I believe the dual sig idea is good to be part of a more comprehensive
solution, not total and nor exclusive,  but more.  It is less secure not matter
how we look at it, so it is prudent, the more secured, more baseline,  DNS
query solution be also part of the IE* recommendations. This is especially the
case when  proposed as a Standard Track protocol.

Let's remember there are two parts of this; verification by two receivers we
are mostly concern about, and the original signer and its exposed public policy
 intentions and expectations.

We got working code and a practical solution for those with DNS management.  I
have ATPS running code both the rev4 and RFC version in a wide network of
operators.  I have enterprise beta testers what also use openDKIM/openDMARC in
an integrated SMTP environment where our package serves as an AVS frontend
relay for them.  So we can do ATPS testing and I plan to recommend and
illustrate source code change to support ATPSRev4.   It's about support options.

Adding two signatures will take signer engine code change. Once I see p=reject
domains add support for v2,  I will explore changing code again to support for
V2 signatures too. Or at least, explore adding verification code since that is
already in a change flux.

--
Hector Santos
http://www.santronics.com