I think at least the latter is a minor point since the XML source for
RFC6376 is readily available.  I'm happy to pick up the editor pen again if
needed.

My concern is that once the can is opened, it's hard to keep some of the worms from escaping.

There was a further rather theological argument about whether one can do a
version bump by publishing a short document that describes the changes, or
if it requires republishing the entire spec.  I don't understand the
motivation for the latter, but some people seemed to think it was
important.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY