It also cuts down on legitimate mail that users get sent.  Probably 90% of the
email I send fails DMARC even though I have SPF set up and DKIM sign
everything because it tends to go via lists that have not adapted to the world
of DMARC.

I did publish a p=None DMARC record, so presumably I don't personally need to
care about this, but typically small senders don't pay a huge amount of
attention to things like new email authentication technologies.

Based on your blog post, I see you're only using this for positive assertions.
That's something which, as a receiver, I think you are certainly free to do,
but it's not something that should be standardized.  Since it's strictly an
internal processing issue, there's no need to put this in an RFC and lots of
reason not to.

Scott K