On December 10, 2018 3:50:00 PM UTC, Kurt Andersen <ku...@drkurt.com> wrote:
>Now that the charter update has gone through the necessary processing,
>I'd
>like to ask the WG to adopt John Levine's
>https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-levine-appsarea-eaiauth-05 document
>as an
>official WG item.
>
>This doc is a normative reference in both the ARC protocol doc and
>7601bis.

+1

I do think it needs to be tightened up to make it clearer what the updates are.

Since I'm most familiar with RFC 7208, I took a more detailed look at the SPF
updates.  Much of the current text is a restatement of what RFC 7208 says.  I
don't know that we need that.  The difference is to make explicit what was
already implicit; s and l macros will never match if the local part of the
email address contains non-ascii characters.

I think explicit is better than implicit, so I'm in favor of the update.

Scott K