In article <652580c1-5f8b-4d11-af25-d968b277c...@www.fastmail.com>,
Stan Kalisch  <s...@glyphein.mailforce.net> wrote:
>> That depends on who creates the Author: field.  I'd imagine it can be created
>> on rewriting From:.  If it exists already at that time, one can still check
>> (by
>> ARC?) if it was signed, and, in case, sign it in turn.
>
>I, too, was wondering whether ARC was really the only practical way to attempt
>this, assuming you
>don't think it deviates enough from ARC's purpose.

It took me a while to understand why ARC works the way it does but now
that I do, I don't think anything simpler would do.

In particular, anything that lets you say "I'm a mailing list" is out
since spammers can do that too. Also, real mailing lists tend to have
lousy spam filtering and leak a lot of spam, so you can't just
whitelist everything from even real lists.

--
Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",