From: <internet-dra...@ietf.org>
Date: Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 2:46 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-kucherawy-dkim-transform-01.txt
To: Murray S. Kucherawy <superu...@gmail.com>

A new version of I-D, draft-kucherawy-dkim-transform-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Murray Kucherawy and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-kucherawy-dkim-transform
Revision:       01
Title:          Recognized Transformations of Messages Bearing DomainKeys
Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures
Document date:  2020-07-05
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          14
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kucherawy-dkim-transform-01
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kucherawy-dkim-transform
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kucherawy-dkim-transform-01

Abstract:
   DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) introduced a mechanism whereby a
   mail operator can affix a signature to a message that validates at
   the level of the signer's domain name.  It specified two possible
   ways of converting the message body to a canonical form, one
   intolerant of changes and the other tolerant of simple changes to
   whitespace within the message body.

   The provided canonicalization schemes do not tolerate changes in a
   message such as conversion between transfer encodings or addition of
   new message content.  It is useful to have these capabilities to
   allow for transport through gateways, and also for transport through
   handlers (such as mailing list services) that might add content that
   would invalidate a signature generated using the existing
   canonicalization schemes.

   This document presents a mechanism for declaring that a message
   underwent one of a handful of well-defined transformations prior to
   being re-signed by a mediator, so that a verifier might rewind such a
   modification and thereby confirm that the original signature still
   verifies against the original content.

The IETF Secretariat