On Tue, 18 Aug 2020, Autumn Tyr-Salvia wrote:
* Departments sending transactional email - move them to dedicated subdomains
(this is where really complex institutions would benefit from walking the
domain tree instead of always inheriting from the org domain)

Is inheritance walking the domain tree a topic that has already been discussed
ad nauseam? This seems like an interesting point of discussion, but I also
haven't been participating on this list for ten years and don't want to get
into it if this is a topic everyone is tired of or that has no possibility of
change.

We've spun our wheels a lot trying to figure out a better way to find the organizational domain than for everyone to download the Mozilla PSL, but not about changing it to a tree walk.

If we could come up with a better way for domains to publish their own boundaries (see https://github.com/jrlevine/bound) then that would be easy.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY