On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 6:34 PM Douglas E. Foster <fosterd=
40bayviewphysicians....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:

> Something seems inconsistent:
>
> - The people who have implemented DMARC do not see any significant
> problems, and as a result they are not interested in a third-party
> authorization scheme.
>
> - Yet adoption is very slow, especially for anything other than p=none
>
> Are we to assume that mailing list compatibility explains the slow
> adoption?   If not, what other obstacles do we need to be considering?
>
> DF

DMARC itself is easy to implement. It's getting control of your mail flows
that is the difficult part for most organizations interested in
implementing. I think the real issue for "slow adoption" is lack of
perceived need, until you believe your domain is being abused.  What is the
uptake for DNSSEC? For most IETF standards other than very core ones, the
long tail is indeed very long. My gut tells me, based on being in this
space a long time, that the overwhelming majority of people aren't thinking
about DMARC, let alone the "mailing list problem"/

Michael Hammer