On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 1:32 PM Doug Foster <fosterd=
40bayviewphysicians....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:

> Are the weak signatures vulnerable to a replay attack?    I thought that
> one of the reasons that DKIM signatures included the whole body was to
> prevent the signature from being reused.
>

> DF

Not particularly vulnerable. The requirement is that you have the "weak
signature" plus the intermediary full DKIM signature. This let's the
validator/receiver know that the originating domain knew that the
intermediary might break the originating domains DKIM signature but the
validator/receiver would have the DKIM signature of the intermediary. The
"weak signature" is only validated against that specific message and
headers it signed and that specific intermediary. It's not a
generic/general signature.

Michael Hammer