To be clear, I encouraged the chairs to hold the meeting as scheduled.  My
reasons:

a) It is likely some people registered for IETF 109 specifically to attend
this and maybe one or two other email-related meetings, possibly at their
own expense.  Canceling this late in the game does them a disservice.

b) Canceling simply on the basis that it's late at night for some people
doesn't seem compelling in the IETF context.

c) As Jim suggested, high-bandwidth discussion will be useful, even if the
list of attendees is relatively small, as any consensus they develop needs
to be verified with the list anyway.

d) My own reading is that more people would likely attend than those who
expressed interest in canceling.

-MSK, your ART AD