On 11/22/20 10:41 AM, Kurt Andersen (b) wrote:
As usual, John has pretty well nailed the response, but there was one other part of your question (Mike) that I thought deserved explanation:

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 7:14 PM John Levine <jo...@taugh.com <mailto:jo...@taugh.com>> wrote:

    In article <dcc265f9-a143-5093-eba0-94ee059c7...@mtcc.com
    <mailto:dcc265f9-a143-5093-eba0-94ee059c7...@mtcc.com>> you write:
    >If I'm a receiver who is going to be making some filtering decisions
    >based on ARC, I see that it passed by some authenticator along
    the way
    >which is fine, but my question is why I should trust that
    intermediary
    >in general?

    The short answer is that you shouldn't, any more than you should trust
    random DKIM signatures.

    This also means that ARC isn't useful if you don't have a reputation
    system to tell you where the lists and other forwarders that might add
    legit ARC signatures are.