In article
<553d43c8d961c14bb27c614ac48fc0312811f...@umechpa7d.easf.csd.disa.mil> you
write:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>Even for .mil, the vast majority of email domains are fairly short with four
>or fewer labels. Most of the other ones tend to be
>individual servers that send automatic performance emails, and I think should
>be considered more of an edge case and less of our concern.

I scraped my logs for the past few months and that's what I found.
Nearly everything was four labels or less. Spot checking the few
five-label names, I found that most of the mail was all from
MAILER-DAEMON@<long-mailhost-name> and it appeared to be spam
blowback.  There was a trickle of what looked like real mail
from stumail.zcs.k12.in.us and feedback.retail.voice-your-views.hsbc.com,

I found nothing at all with six labels or longer.

So if we made the tree walk limit six or seven I think we'd be
unlikely to lose any mail that anyone would miss.

R's,
John