On Sat 12/Dec/2020 15:45:31 +0100 Dave Crocker wrote:
Repeating from the Abstract:

    DMARC Builds on these protocols. DMARC permits the owner of an author's
    domain name to enable validation of the domain's use, to indicate the
    implication of failed validation, and to request reports about use of the
    domain name. Mail receiving organizations can use this information when
    evaluating disposition choices for incoming mail.

The 'domain' in ADMD is not the same as in 'domain name' and, arguably, DMARC has nothing to do with ADMDs, but only with domain names.  This is an important distinction.  The linkage between the two comes from operational arrangement, not anything inherent in DMARC.  I'm not sure how to reflect this fact in the text. /d

I find the phrase "owner of an author's domain name" rather ungraceful. In all of its length, it doesn't contain the word "mail". Couldn't we call it just the *mail domain*, the thing after the at-sign? The concept is so common that hardly needs using multiple words to indicate it.

ADMD is a declining term, possibly confused with x'400 stuff (see ngram). I'd rather stick to *Organizational Domain*.

Best