In article <01rtqrkld8qk004...@mauve.mrochek.com> you write:
>I think a list of possible failure causes would be nice to have, because
>a lot of people seem to think that DMARC is a completely reliable mechanism.
>
>I'm not entirely convinced this document is the place for it, but OTOH
>I'm not convinced it isn't.

Sounds like a separate WCP document.  I agree it could be nice to have something
to point to when people insist that it's my fault that their DMARC rules don't
match the way my mail system works.

>It also strikes me as more of an exercise in enumeration of possibilities than
>an actual analysis.
>
>Let's see. We have:
>
>  o Illegitimate mail
>  o Message changed in transit, invalidating DKIM signature
>  o Incorrect DKIM signing
>  o Incorrect SPF setup
>  o Unintentional domain misalignment
>  o Improper assertion of DMARC policy

Don't forget

 o Normal forwarding of SPF validated mail
 o Authorized third party senders with no access to DKIM keys

Could be an interesting document.

R's,
John