I have not seen an identity problem with ESPs, bevause messages are
received directly.  They consistently use their own domain for MailFrom to
ensure SPF pass, and the client domain for From.    Domains that use DMARC
enforcement have signatures.

Additionally, the From domain correctly presents the client identity, so I
do not fear spoofing, even from ESPs that happily provide their services to
criminal domains.  Those that serve criminals have all of their
unclassified clients sent to administrative quarantine.  A small portion
that is found to be wanted traffic will be released and exempted from
quarantine on future messages.

If the same messages were received indirectly, it would be a problem
because the SMTP rewrite hides the ESP identity, so the quarantine would
not happen.  Hence, I must start scanning the entire Received chain and
related headers.

Since everyone deals with the same ESPs, I think everyone needs to do full
scans also.

DF