Regarding this section:

   Experience with DMARC has revealed some issues of interoperability
   with email in general that require due consideration before
   deployment, particularly with configurations that can cause mail to
   be rejected.  These are discussed in Section 9.

I suggest replacing it with a scope statement, such as this:

DMARC checks are applicable when a message is received directly from
the domain owner, or received indirectly from a mediator without
in-transit modification.  As discussed in Section 9, these two
criteria do not cover all legitimate email flows.   When a message is
received indirectly with modification, DMARC cannot produce a usable
result, and the message should be evaluated using alternate criteria.
 When messages may have been forwarded with modifications, the
algorithm for distinguishing between authorized and unauthorized
messages becomes difficult to define.