Entire sections of the document are devoted to preventing reporting abuse.
Of course reviewing the security recommendations are part of the process of
going standards track which we’ll be undertaking.

If there are seeing specific operational issues that you believe require
clarification in the document, please speak up.

Back to open tickets, please.

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 12:41 Michael Thomas <m...@mtcc.com> wrote:

> On 1/25/21 10:02 AM, Seth Blank wrote:
> > Michael, are you aware of anyone not following the guidance in the
> > document? This thread feels like we're discussing a non-issue.
> > Aggregate reports are already required to be authenticated and I'm
> > unaware of anyone sending failure reports, let along unauthenticated
> > ones. Is the language causing problems? Such problems have not been
> > brought to the list, and would be a good place to start if you want to
> > build consensus.
>
>  From the looks of it, it doesn't seem like the security requirements of
> reporting was ever undertaken. There seems to be a wide range of
> disagreement even if there was given the thread from which this came.
>  From there is actually text, to don't know if it's an issue, to there
> hasn't been a problem before (as if that were some sort of barometer),
> to authentication might inconvenience google, to contradicting your
> assertion that authentication in the way you mentioned can be done.
> Since this is going to proposed standard from informational, that is not
> a very good state of affairs, IMO.
>
> Mike
>

> --

*Seth Blank* | VP, Standards and New Technologies
*e:* s...@valimail.com
*p:* 415.273.8818

This email and all data transmitted with it contains confidential and/or
proprietary information intended solely for the use of individual(s)
authorized to receive it. If you are not an intended and authorized
recipient you are hereby notified of any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of the information included in this transmission is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Please immediately notify the sender by replying to
this email and then delete it from your system.