Alessandro Vesely wrote on 2021-06-04 11:26:
Second, I'm not sure we need an <extensions> container. I'd go for an example like, say, so:

[...]
   <extension_metadata name="bimi" xmlns="http://ietf.org/xml-namesapaces/bimi-xml?/1.0";>
> [...]
      <extension name="bimi" xmlns="http://ietf.org/xml-namesapaces/bimi-xml??/1.0";>

If we use an attribute for the extension name, then we don't the container section. As the current schema does not use attributes at all, I'm more inclined to define the extension name in a different way for consistent non-use of attributes. But that's a minor detail.

1) Extensions in their own section (as it is now) or within each <row> element

Both, and both optional.  An extension can have some data to add in some <record>, but not necessarily in all of them.

+1

Regards,
Matt