+1

On 6/14/21, 6:42 AM, "dmarc on behalf of Brotman, Alex"
<dmarc-boun...@ietf.org on behalf of Alex_Brotman=40comcast....@dmarc.ietf.org>
wrote:

    To summarize,

    We'd like to see extensions available both below the "feedback" and
"record" elements.  The -02 draft only has it below the "feedback" element.  I
agree that all elements, each time they are utilized, should mention a
reference as to how they are to be utilized.

    We'd also like to have extensions go through an IETF process, however, we
also understand that we cannot exclude third parties from defining/deploying
their own extensions.  I suppose we could tell report receivers they "MUST"
ignore any extensions which are not IETF-approved, though that seems a bit
heavy-handed.

    So, a sample report may look something like:

       <feedback>
         <version>2.0</version>
         <report_metadata>
           <version>2</version>
           <org_name>Sample Reporter</org_name>
           <email>report_sen...@example-reporter.com</email>
           <extra_contact_info>...</export_contact_info>
           <report_id>3v98abbp8ya9n3va8yr8oa3ya</report_id>
           <date_range>
             <begin>161212415</begin>
             <end>161221511</end>
           </date_range>
         </report_metadata>
         <policy_published>
           <domain>example.com</domain>
           <sp>none</sp>
           <pct>100</pct>
         </policy_published>
         <record>
           <row>
             <source_ip>192.168.4.4</source_ip>
             <count>123</count>
             <policy_evaluated>
               <disposition>quarantine</disposition>
               <dkim>pass</dkim>
               <spf>fail</spf>
             </policy_evaluated>
           </row>
           <identifiers>
             <header_from>example.com</header_from>
           </identifiers>
           <auth_results>
             <dkim>
               <domain>example.com</domain>
               <result>pass</result>
               <selector>abc123</selector>
             </dkim>
             <spf>
               <domain>example.com>
               <result>fail</result>
             </spf>
           </auth_results>
            <extensions>
              <extension_name definition="url">
              </extension_name>
           </extensions>
         </record>
        <extensions>
           <extension_name definition="url">
           </extension_name>
        </extensions>
       </feedback>

    The goal being to allow extensions to live either at the reported-IP level,
or at the domain level.

    Does this seem reasonable?

    --
    Alex Brotman
    Sr. Engineer, Anti-Abuse & Messaging Policy

xmlns="https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://ietf.org/xml-namesapaces/bimi-xml?*1.0__;Lw!!ORgEfCBsr282Fw!5jPsNDxnYoaeo_HCTDHZOSs5McSKUik5frtgdFxHB_wL9O6VDywrZhokLOwusINU$
 ">
    >  > [...]
    > >        <extension name="bimi"