This language addresses my original concern.

You have a typo at this point:
... cases, in can result in...
and of course it should read
...cases, it can result in...

Since PCT is being removed, I would like to provide something for domain
owners that are struggling to complete implementation safely.   I think
what they would most appreciate would be for recipients to use SMTP
extended result enhanced status codes.   Others have already defined
appropriate codes to communicate whether or not a message passes
authentication, and how.

Unfortunately, it seems the extended status codes have very limited
deployment.   When I searched my recent history, I could only find codes
2.0.0 and 2.6.0, which communicate nothing incremental.

Would it be reasonable to add language saying that we RECOMMEND that
evaluators use extended status codes, for both accepted and rejected
messages, to indicate the message authentication status?   We could
highlight the codes that are particularly relevant to this need.

Doug Foster