2.6.0 really is a mystery to me.  The domain under study uses p=reject and
is getting 100% authenticated in the RUA reports, so it does not fit John's
theory.

I always get 2.6.0 from outlook.com servers and a few other destinations.
 So perhaps it is just their version of "OK so far, but I may block you
later in the evaluation process."

I would be interested if anyone else has data on extended status codes.  If
it seems too off-topic for the whole group, you can send to me directly.

Doug