On 10/9/21 6:05 AM, Douglas Foster wrote:
The substantive argument is the problem of trust in list operators.   My proposal made list infrastructure significantly more complex, and allowed list operators to intercept member-to-member communication.  This creates an incentive for nation-state intelligence agencies and big tech privacy violators to move into management of lists.

I believe that it makes the list operator effectively a communications proxy. Nothing states that two parties need to use the proxy for any more than the minimum communications necessary to establish direct communications. I also believe that this is a well established communications bootstrap method; eBay, Craigslist, various dating sites, etc. tend to provide a way for people to say things like "please email me at my main email address".

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die