On Fri 15/Oct/2021 21:33:30 +0200 John Levine wrote:
It appears that Baptiste Carvello  <de...@baptiste-carvello.net> said:
Now, I'm skeptical of your solution. First, I don't think 100% deliverability at all times is a hard requirement. ...

Since 100% deliverability at all times does not and cannot exist, it's just as
well.

That percentage is meant to be rounded to the nearest integer. I think I can say I get 100% of dmarc-ietf messages, notwithstanding that 2010 and possibly other hiccups.

That's due to most author's domains as well as the IETF itself having p=none, plus me not enabling DMARC for those domains. In addition, DMARC has the advantage over ADSP that SPF authentication suffices (which only works for subscribers who need no forwarding, but I'm one.)

Could we do better authentication? For one point, after twelve years people still sign mime-version:, content-type:, and content-transfer-encoding: so that MLMs have to invalidate their signatures.

Best