Yes, this is important stuff.

This is one of my problem scenarios:

A record arrives at the first hop and obtains DMARC PASS, based on SPF
and/or DKIM interpreted by a DMARC policy.  Based on DMARC PASS, the
RFC5322.From address is confidently judged to be "Honestly identified"
 DMARC checks SPF and DKIM, but not MX or A/AAAA.

But then it is forwarded and loses its credentials during forwarding.

On reception, because of DMARC FAIL, it is tested against NP.    NP checks
MX and A/AAAA but does not check SPF or DKIM.   The message fails this test
and is confidently judged to be "Fraudulently identified".

Which is true?   Was the message From address always fraudulent or always
honest?

To produce consistent results, do we change DMARC to require messages to
evaluate MX/A/AAAA or do we change NP to integrate SPF and DKIM?

Doug