Yes, I am looking for a high degree of certainty, comparable to what I get
with DMARC PASS.   (For example, the DKIM private key might have been
compromised, but I choose not to worry about that possibility.)

As I have said several times recently, DMARC FAIL is an ambiguous result,
and it is desirable to partition the set of all failures to see if
certainty can be obtained for some of them.   ARC is an attempt to solve
uncertainty for a subset of messages by providing a new authentication
method which says ARC-satisfactory messages are definitely not malicious
impersonations.   NP is, at least to my mind, is an attempt to solve
uncertainty in the opposite direction by identifying a subset of failures
that can only be malicious impersonations.

When acceptable impersonation occurs, it is always on behalf of an actual
user.   If there is no actual user, impersonation can only be malicious.
For simplicity, and of necessity, we ignore risks associated with the
local-part and focus on the domain name.   We ask whether an entire domain
can be categorized as never-valid, so that messages to that domain can be
moved from unverified-with-uncertain-risk to unverified-with-confirmed-risk.

At minimum, to satisfy the PSD goal, we need to be able to say that
"DoesNotExist.tld" is invalid because the organization is not registered
with a PSD.   For that to work, we also need to not block messages from
valid names.   The NXDOMAIN test is sufficient to solve the PSD problem, so
the only issue for registered domains is to ensure that valid domains do
not return NXDOMAIN.  A more complex rule can block more non-mail names
from impersonation attacks, but they increase the compliance issues.

DF