On Sun 19/Dec/2021 21:42:16 +0100 Scott Kitterman wrote:
If the domain owner has suggested that you reject mail from a sub-domain that
has none of A, AAAA, or MX records, why would you not do that?

Are we sure that's what the domain owner meant to suggest?

An organization can use sp= on its root domain record, or it can define a DMARC record at some subdomains. So far so good.

Then it turns out that one can also define DMARC record at some non-existing sub domains, possibly as an alternative to using np=... Now this begins to look puzzling.

The reason to introduce np= was to select domains that really don't exist. Why don't we stick to that definition?

Best